Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fifty = "Towanda!!"


Suzanne, at The Farmer's Wife, recently wrote of women my age having "Towanda" moments! What is a Towanda moment?
It is a moment when you are not nice...like you always used to be.
It is a moment when you're not patient...like you always used to be.
It is a moment when you realize you won't spend time with people and activities unless they really mean something to you and make you happy.
It is a moment in which you buy something as a gift and then realize you reaalllly want it and YOU KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF!!!
"Towanda!!" Unheard of 10 years ago when I was still trying to please, always trying to please, everyone.
"Towanda!!"

4 comments:

Breezy said...

When you hear me screaming Towanda in the halls at school.... WATCH OUT

Shan @ Design Gal said...

:) Remember when you chased that boy down after he flipped you off in your car? I still love that story! TOWANDA!!!!

cathycan said...

I wasn't even 5o then!! just crazy!! hahahaha

Michelle Day said...

Is that what you were calling me behind my back!!!???? You have all the Towanda moments you need to this year!!