Thursday, July 28, 2011

I heart New York

I love being in the city, any city, so I loved the New York portion of our vacation.  We actually stayed in New Jersey and, each morning, walked half a block passing the neighborhood Catholic church and little mid-century houses to catch the bus into the city. Most of our fellow passengers, who sat reading, working on their laptops or dozing, were on their way into work. After going through the Lincoln tunnel, we got off at the Port Authority and a hop,skip and jump away, through teaming masses of people, we were in Time Square!

Some of my favorite New York things in no particular order...
I loved this! Talk about a "melting pot"! Right under the Statue of Liberty! This made me so happy and all patriotic!

Birds with french fries!  Yeah, they're happy.
Is this "New York" or what!?
                                               
Museum!!
Oh my gosh, the Architecture!

Oh my Gosh! The architecture with limousines!!

Crazy tourists

I want to go back!

2 comments:

Breezy said...

When you go back..TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!

Unknown said...

I don't blame you for wanting to go back. New York is on my 'list' of place in the world I want to visit.

Wish I didn't live so far away.