Friday, July 23, 2010

I been sick


Man! Sorry it took me soo long to get back to the jury duty tale.
I went down to visit my folks for a couple days and the night I got back, "the pains" started.
"The Pains" : noun   See- moderate, turning to sharp stabbing, turning to someone is twisting my innards with the pincers of Hell.
"The Pains", right over my Pubic bone/bladder area.
Woke up the next morning with "The Pains". Went out to work in the yard a little and all of the sudden had no energy whatsoever and could feel the chills creeping up on me. I came in and went to bed, after I drank about a gallon of water.
I slept all day, waking briefly to drink and pee. No pain upon peeing ( SORRY, urinating). Hmm, isn't that usually what happens, with what I was assuming was a bladder infection? Doesn't one usually feel as if they are pee urinating razor blades?
That night "the pain" moved down to include my left side. I realized that no amount of sleep and water were going to fix this.
Thursday, I called early for an appt.
Doc said it sounds like Diverticulitis.
"You win a catscan!" he cheerfully announces.
He has me give a urine sample. OMG, from the looks of what I have filled the cup with, I should already be dead! When he sees the printout, he silently laughs, shaking his head.
"That is the angriest bladder I have ever seen!"

So... definitely bladder infection. Find out Monday about the Diverti....
After 24 hours on 2 different horse-pill antibiotics, I feel much better, although the lower left side is still  tender, reminding me every now and then that "you ain't got rid o' me yet! watch out!"

So, on to Jury Duty Free!

Well, I've kinda lost my zest for the rest of the story.
Suffice it to say:
After trying to call several girlfriends with no answer, I called my brother in law, Brent, who works downtown. He walked down to meet me at one of my favorite places, Gourmandise Bakery and we had a yummy lunch. He's good company!
We both commented on how much we had enjoyed my niece's travelogue emails, since she has been in Paris. I told him that I was afraid the only way I was going to see Europe was by movie.We parted ways with that thought and a rumball purchased for a movie treat.
I walked to the "Art house" theater, where I saw "I am Love" a VERY artsy movie, subtitled in English, with a lot of nude Tilda Swinton. It was set in Milan and some other place, beautifully Mediterranean, around Nice.  I felt that I had experienced quite a lovely, little taste of Italy, Tilda not withstanding.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that you have not been well. Bladder infection now they canb e real bad.

Get better soon, and I hope it's not diverti.....that does not sound like a good thing to have

Shan @ Design Gal said...

i'm glad you're feeling better! :) let me know if you need anything! love you!