Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Definition of Irony


As some of you know, we are adding an addition to our home.
Everyday, I walk in the door wondering what scene of destruction, or construction, will assail me. Today I was met with this.


The entire inside, west wall was gone, replaced by a filmy curtain of visqueen. From behind this translucent barrier came the pound of hammers and the pounding voice of Glen Beck, reading aloud the Arizona Immigration Bill, word - for - word.

Oh, that and the conversation of construction workers.

"Creo que debería ser un poco más bajo"

Isn't it ironic.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very clever. I don't understand Spanish, and have no idea who Glen Beck is, but I get it.

Have a good week.

life in red shoes said...

Oh damn, that is good!

Breezy said...

That is classic! The purest definition of irony.