Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I've got a "man cold"

It's an oldie but goodie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz6DktXFvg4
At the end, the E.M.T. sneeringly says, "Have you ever heard of Lemsip?" (a British cold remedy).

I really do have a man cold, coughing, nose flowing...not just running, disappearing voice... Missed one day of school and slept for about 18 hours straight. And now, there's a Whooping Cough warning and a cry goes out for teachers to get a booster!
I can tell you just when the enemy attacked. Sitting with a group, a girl sitting not a foot from me, suddenly "full-on" coughs right in my face. I wanted to yell, "Medic, Medic!! I'm hit!!" I knew then I was a goner... I will guess conservatively that 80% of our school teachers and students have had this bad virus. It started in November and I must admit I was feeling almost smug that it hadn't yet hit me...until the viral air invasion.
To Don's credit, he bought Kentucky Fried Chicken on Tuesday and Taco Bell tonight, so I didn't have to cook. Thanks honey!

The Latest Lexie Looks
                                        She's definitely got her daddy's brown eyes!

Catching little snippets of Terms of Endearment as I write. I love that movie! Jack Nicholson...gotta admire a guy that admits he is no longer irresistible to women.
"I can’t hit on women in public any more. I didn’t decide this; it just doesn’t feel right at my age." Kudos to you, Jack! I don't know...there's something about that sardonic lift of the eyebrow... just stick to your own age group.





6 comments:

just call me jo said...

I could so picture those nasty germs pummeling you when the girl coughed. "Medic, medic" so hilarious..."Man down..."

I'm so sorry! I hate that kind of cold. Those dang kids are just nuclear bacteria and virus bombs.

I hope "Terms of Endearment" helps. Such a good show...

lifeinredshoes said...

A MAN COLD! You should be in the E.R. on an I.V. drip ;)

Every germ known to mankind comes through the door where we work, it's a wonder we aren't all dead.

Jack, you know for some reason I'm drawn to these old guys. Must be a daddy complex?

That baby just gets cuter and cuter with age, kinda like you :)

Breezy said...

I hope you are feel better soon. It is exhausting to be sick :)

That baby is just too cute for words.

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

MAN COLD!! I do feel for you, there is nothing worse, hope you feel better real soon.

Your little Lexie gets cuter and cuter.

design gal said...

LOVE nakie babies! Sorry about your cold momma- being sick is terrible! :(

annegb said...

That baby is sooo cute! My Sarah's expecting in July. We are flat out in love with the embryo.